The Coming of the Kingdom
I. The Old Testament Predictions of the Kingdom
A. Isaiah 2:1-3
1. According to verse 2, when will God establish His Mountain? ____________
2. Who will stream to His Mountain? ______________________
3. According to verse 3, from what city will all this take place? ___________
1. Daniel 2:25-45
Note: See Kingdom Illustration on page 11
a. Who is the head of gold? __________________________________
Note: Nebuchadnezzar was the king of Babylon. The gold represented the Babylonian
Kingdom. The silver was the Medo-Persian Kingdom, the brass (bronze) was the
Grecian Kingdom and the iron was the Roman Kingdom. Therefore, each
element of the image represented a kingdom. The iron mixed with clay was the
divided Roman Kingdom.
b. Read verses 35 and 44. The rock that became a huge mountain represents the
____________ of God.
c. Therefore, the mountain in Isaiah 2:2 was referring to the ____________ of God.
d. Read verses 40-44 carefully. During the days of which kings will God set up
His kingdom [Gold (Babylon); Silver (Medo-Persia); Bronze/Brass (Greece) or
Iron (Rome)]? ____________________
Hint: notice the region where rock struck the image — see page 11
e. According to verse 44, how long will God’s Kingdom endure? ________
2. Daniel 7:18
a. Who will possess the kingdom of God? _________________
II. New Testament Predictions of the Kingdom
1. Matthew 4:17
a. According to Jesus, what was coming near (what was at hand)? ________________
Note: Jesus, was preaching during the time when Rome (Iron) Kingdom was in power.
2. Mark 9:1
a. According to Jesus, how was the kingdom going to come? ________________
b. According to this passage, was the kingdom going to come within the lifetime of
those standing there (including His apostles)? ______
3. John 3:3-5
a. According to verse 5, how is the kingdom to be entered? By ______ and _______
4. Matthew 16:16-19
a. According to verse 19, what did Jesus give to Peter? ________________________
b. What are “keys” used for? _____________________________________________
c. Therefore, the “keys of the kingdom” allows a person to enter into the __________
III. The Fulfillment: The Kingdom Comes!
A. Acts 2:1-4
1. The day of Pentecost had come. In Mark 9:1, Jesus said the kingdom was to come with
power. Is this a powerful event happening here in Acts 2:1-4? _____
B. Acts 2:5
1. Isaiah 2:2 spoke of “all nations” streaming to God’s chief mountain. According to
Acts 2:5, who was present, devout men from where? ______________________
2. Isaiah 2:3 spoke of God’s mountain originating from Jerusalem. According to
Acts 2:5, at what city was this powerful event taking place? _________________
C. Acts 2:14-17
1. Jesus said in Mark 9:1 that some standing in His presence would see the kingdom come
with power. According to verse 14, who were present? _________________________
2. Were Peter and the other apostles present with Jesus in Mark 9:1-2? _____
3. Isaiah 2:2 said God was going to establish His chief mountain during the “last days”.
According to verse 17, was this powerful event taking place in the last days? ______
D. Acts 2:38
1. In John 3:5, Jesus said a man must be born of water and Spirit to enter the kingdom.
2. In Matthew 16:16-19, Jesus gave Peter the “keys of the kingdom”.
3. In Acts 2:38, Peter tells the people to “repent and be _____________ (born of water)
…and you will receive the gift of the _______________ (born of Spirit).
E. Colossians 1:13-14
1. Paul told the Colossian church that they had been rescued from the dominion of
darkness and brought into the ________________ of God’s Son.
2. Therefore, those in the Church are in the ________________ of God’s Son.
F. Romans 1:7; Ephesians 1:1; Philippians 1:1
1. Daniel 7:18 says the saints will possess the kingdom of God. The letters of Romans,
Ephesians and Philippians were written to churches. What did Paul address these
church members as? ________________
G. Acts 2:42-47
1. Those who belong to the kingdom devote themselves to….
2. From verse 44, those who belong to the kingdom had ______________ in common.
3. Do those who belong to the kingdom care for each other? ______
4. From verse 46, what type of hearts do those of the kingdom have? ____________ and
5. According to verse 47, who does God add to His Kingdom (Church)? ___________
H. Matthew 6:33
1. What must a true disciple of Jesus seek first? ______________ and _______________.
I. Hebrews 10:25
1. Should we get into the habit of missing Church meetings? _____.